Game Day Appetizers
Game day is less than a week away.
What’s in this year’s playbook? Chips? Beer? Dessert? Boring! Why not invite the whole Kunzler family of products to this year’s festivities?!
At Kunzler, we’re more than just franks. We’re the main ingredient to some of the football season’s best dishes.
Here’s some of our favorite from our website, guaranteed to be a touchdown with your guests:
Hot Dog Corn Bread
Prep Time: 10min
Cook Time: 16min
• 2 (8.5 oz.) packages corn bread mix
• 2 tbsp. brown sugar
• 2 eggs
• 1 cup milk
• 1 (11 oz.) can whole kernel corn, drained
• 5 Kunzler Jumbo Franks, chopped
STEP 1: Preheat oven to 400°F. In a large bowl, combine corn bread mix and brown sugar.
STEP 2: Combine eggs and milk; stir into dry ingredients until moistened.
STEP 3: Stir in corn and hot dogs.
STEP 4: Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups 3/4 full.
STEP 5: Bake for 14 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve immediately, or refrigerate.
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Sticks
Prep Time: 15m
Cook Time: 30m
• 1 lb. sliced Kunzler bacon
• 5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 2-inch chunks
• 1 cup white sugar
• 1 (1 oz.) envelope ranch dressing mix
• 60 wooden toothpicks
STEP 1: Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
STEP 2: Mix together the sugar and ranch dressing mix in a shallow bowl.
STEP 3: Cut the bacon slices in half the short way. Wrap half a bacon slice around each chunk of chicken, and secure it with a toothpick. Roll the bacon-wrapped chicken pieces in the sugar-ranch dressing mixture.
STEP 4: Place the bacon wraps on the prepared baking sheets, and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through, the bacon is sizzling, and the crust is browned.
Ham & Cheese Bagels
Prep Time: 5min
Cook Time: 10min
• 1 (3 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
• 6 mini bagels, split
• 3 oz. Kunzler ham, thinly sliced
• 4 oz. cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
• 6 thin slices tomato
• 1 tbsp. red onion, chopped
• 1/4 cup pineapple tidbits
• 1/4 tsp. parsley flakes
STEP 1: Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread cream cheese over cut sides of bagels, and place on an ungreased baking sheet, cheese side up.
STEP 2: Cut ham and cheddar cheese into 2 inch squares.
STEP 3: Place ham and cheddar over cream cheese.
STEP 4: Top half of the bagels with tomato and onion, and half with pineapple and parsley.
STEP 5: Bake for 10 minutes, or until cheddar is melted.
Whether it’s deli meat, franks or bacon, Kunzler is party favorite, no matter the occasion!
Visit our recipe page for more game-day munchy inspiration!
- Welcoming Spring with Good Deals & New Products
- Movie Awards Party Recipes
- Big Game party appetizers
- Warm up with these winter recipes
- Fun and Easy School Lunch Ideas
- How Kunzler Celebrates National Hot Dog Day
- 5 Summer BBQ must-haves
- Spring into Backyard Dining
- Set Your Bracket for Delicious Game Day Snacks
- Kunzler’s New Website!