Spring into Backyard Dining
The weather is warming up, the flowers are blooming and the time for outdoor eating is NOW! Throw the best backyard get-together with these delicious bacon-inspired recipes.
For a quick and easy appetizer that will have everyone talking, try Bacon Wrapped Chicken Sticks made with Kunzler’s Authentic Selects Pepper Bacon. Serve with a variety of BBQ sauces for your guests to choose from.
24 Servings | Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb. sliced Kunzler bacon
- 5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 (1 oz.) envelop ranch dressing mix
- 60 wooden toothpicks
- preheat oven to 375 F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix together the sugar and ranch dressing mix in a shallow bowl.
- Cut the bacon slices in half the short way. Wrap half a bacon slice around each chunk of chicken, and secure it with a toothpick. Roll the bacon-wrapped chicken pieces in the sugar-ranch dress mixture.
- Place the bacon wraps on the prepare baking sheets and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and bacon is sizzling and the crust is browned.
- Serve and enjoy!
The backyard is the perfect place for getting messy and eating with your hands. Serve up flavorful fun with Kunzler Bacon Wrapped Corn.
8 Servings | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 25 minutes
- ¼ cup chipotle peppers, canned, pureed
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 4 corn ears, shucked
- 8 slices Kunzler bacon
- Heat grill to medium-high. Mix the chipotle peppers, honey and melted butter in a bowl to make a glaze.
- Cut the ears of corn in half. Wrap one slice of bacon around each half corn and secure with toothpicks.
- Spray fill with non-stick spray. Roll the wrapped corn in the honey-chipotle glaze and place on the grill.
- Turn the corn every 1 to 2 minutes. Occasionally baste the corn with the remaining glaze until corn is cooked and bacon is crisp. Read in about 20-25 minutes!
- Serve and enjoy!
This mouthwatering main dish puts a new spin on a Kunzler classic. Try this Pineapple Salsa Ham Steak recipe with any Kunzler Smoked Ham!
8 servings | Prep Time: Overnight marinate, plus 35 minutes | Cook/Grill Time: 20 Minutes
- 3 Kunzler ham steaks
- 1 C Teriyaki marinade
- ½ C Brown sugar (optional)
- 1 Pineapple (cored, rind on for grilling),
- Favorite grill rub (we used Dizzy Pig Sweet tropical rub)
- 3 Bell peppers (for best results one of each green, yellow, red or orange colored peppers)
- Combine Teriyaki with brown sugar. Place ham steaks in shallow container and cover with Teriyaki.
- Place lid on container, marinate ham steaks in refrigerator overnight.
- Cut top and bottom off of pineapple. Cut in half, carefully remove core from each pineapple half.
- Cut each pineapple half into 3 or 4 rings. Layout on pan and sprinkle with grill rub.
- Place pineapple rings in a container, place in refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat grill. Once grill is preheated lightly oil grates.
- Cut all peppers into rings by carefully removing the top and remove all seeds inside pepper.
- Grill pineapple slices on high for 6 minutes, rotate ¼ turn and grill additional 6 minutes.
- Flip pineapple and repeat – grill 6 minutes, rotate ¼ turn and grill additional 6 minutes.
- Remove from grill, and place on cutting board. Remove all the rind and dice pineapple, place in large bowl.
- Grill all pepper rings same technique as pineapple. When finished, place on cutting board, dice add to pineapple.
- Prepare marinated ham steaks by removing excess marinade. Grill with same technique as pineapple.
- Serve with your favorite side dishes and enjoy!
- Welcoming Spring with Good Deals & New Products
- Movie Awards Party Recipes
- Big Game party appetizers
- Warm up with these winter recipes
- Fun and Easy School Lunch Ideas
- How Kunzler Celebrates National Hot Dog Day
- 5 Summer BBQ must-haves
- Spring into Backyard Dining
- Set Your Bracket for Delicious Game Day Snacks
- Kunzler’s New Website!