Safety Tips for Any Picnic!
Preparing For Your Picnic
- Always wash your hands before preparing food
- Keep all meat products cold with ice or ice packs inside of a cooler.
- Keep the
cooler in the shade, keep the lid closed and avoid opening it as much as possible.
- Use a separate
cooler for drinks to avoid opening the one containing the perishable food too often.
- When cooking meats - make sure to cook them thoroughly.
- Make sure to bring plenty of drinks to stay well hydrated because there may not be any safe drinking water where you are having your picnic.
- Bring spray, cleaners, soap, and water (or hand sanitizer), paper towels, cloths and napkins. Wash tables or use fresh tablecloths. Clean the grill before cooking!
- Kids - make sure you use the utensils that your parents provided for serving food instead of your fork or spoon.
When your picnic is finished
- Place all food back in the cooler and keep cold with ice or ice packs.
- Throw any dirty paper or plastic ware in a trash can.
- When you return home make sure to wash your cooler!