Set Your Bracket for Delicious Game Day Snacks
New to the blog, just in time for college basketball finals, are two recipes for Game Day Snacks that will be a slam-dunk with your friends and family.
First on our roster are Kunzler Bacon Wrapped Onion Rings.
Skip the breading and add in more bacon! These unique treats take onion rings to a whole new level. Serve with a spicy Sriracha mayo for an added kick!
12 Servings | Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 25 – 35 Minutes
- 1 16oz. pack: Kunzler Original Bacon
- 4-5: Sweet onions
- ½ C: Sriracha sauce
- 2 T: Mayo (Any Style)
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Place baking sheet on counter top and line with aluminum foil.
- Cut onions into ½” rings and remove the internal sections to have sturdy 2-layer ring.
- Wrap each ring with bacon overlapping slightly as you cover the onion.
- When finished wrapping O-rings, place the tray in oven bake 25-35 minutes until the bacon is golden, crispy (and delicious.)
- Remove tray form oven, serve immediately with dipping sauce.
Combine Sriracha Sauce and Mayo to add a zesty-kick to these already delectable appetizers.
Next up are Kunzler Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots. Say goodbye to cafeteria tots and hello to savory, crunchy, cheesy homemade goodness!
Yield 8 servings | Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- 2 C: Tater tots, thawed to room temperature
- 1Ounce: cheddar cheese
- 4 slices: Kunzler Original Bacon, quartered
- ¼ C: Brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Place baking sheet on counter top and line with aluminum foil.
- Layout the bacon slices and cut into quarters, carefully sprinkling cheese on the bacon.
- Wrap each tater tot with bacon, make sure to keep cheese inside as you wrap.
- Gently dredge wrapped tot in the brown sugar and place seam side down on aluminum foil.
- When finished wrapping all the tots, place the tray in oven bake 20-25 minutes until the bacon is crispy golden delicious!
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Do you have any favorite Game Day Snacks that feature Kunzler products? Let us know!